Arrived at Barcelona Estacio de Franca at 9 in the morning
Straightaway headed to the hostel. It wasn't difficult to find as it's just off the most famous street in Barcelona, La Rambla.
La Rambla - full of tourists, restaurants, stalls, and street art performers
Cathedral of Santa Eulalia
Passed by the Barri Gòtic...
as I was heading to the beach..
Beach of Barceloneta! Loooooooove it!
I chatted with this black guy after 2 days. Basically he is 'playing' with sand there everyday, that's his hobby. What he builds depends on the weather. When the weather is good, he builds sand castle or something special. When it's gonna rain, he will build something solider, like the 'titanic' below.
Totally addicted to cappuccino
Plaça de Toros Monumental - the bull ring
Plaça d'Espanya
Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya - under construction
Palau Sant Jordi - the indoor sports arena
This is the last picture taken before I dropped and spoiled my camera! =(
Following that, my mood was completely ruined by the thought that I might have to finish the rest of my journey without taking any photographs. However, as it was the day before my birthday, I also thought it might be an indication of me getting a new camera! Not bad eh? LOL yeah I always think positively.
But anyway, I was (am) still angry at myself for 'seriously injuring' my best mate. Immediately I left the place and bought a tool kit on my way back to the hostel. Disregarding the fact that everyone in my room would probably thought I was mad or some kind of freak, I spent my rest of the day dismantling the camera with screwdrivers, trying my very best to rescue it. Fortunately, the operation was quite successful. Yet, its wound is always there. I'm so sorry.
The next morning... Parlament de Catalunya
Torre Agbar that looks like a bullet
Sagrada Família - the famous church
Guess what day was that?
Revisited the Montjuïc hill where my camera fell to continue what wasn't done.
Estadi Olímpic de Montjuïc - the Olympic stadium
Of course, you can prefer cable car, instead of walking all the way up the hill like me.
Castell de Montjuïc
Back at La Rambla
wandering in the street
Birthday dinner: best known Spanish seafood paella + tapas
Next next morning.... I woke up early...
... to go to the beach, as I promised to myself.
guess I was too early...
however the weather wasn't too good. It was gonna rain. That's why the black guy was gonna build another 'titanic' again.
Tourists queuing up to get on tourist bus
the Statue of Christopher Columbus
a shop named 'KUALA LUMPUR'
Checked out from the hostel at 11am, I took the metro to Estacio de Sants, which is the another rail station in Barcelona
Having my luggage stored at the station, I continued to explore Barcelona.
Palau Blaugrana FC Barcelona
Football, anyone?
Barcelona FC Superstore
Initially I planned to spend the rest of my day shopping yet only I realised that all shops were closed on Sunday. Too bad.
Barcelona Sant - the only station that I've been with access control. Made me feel like boarding a plane.
Next station: Lisboa Santa Apolonia
No comments:
Post a Comment