It took me almost one whole day to reach there and I had to change my train twice.
From Bucharest, I took the train at 20:04 to Sofia, Bulgaria. This time, I didn't want to be in sleeping couchette as the train arrived at 06:00. Once I reached Sofia, the international ticket office opened only at 06:30 but I was lucky enough to be able to reserve the train I wanted at 07:01. From Sofia to Thessaloniki, there were N times of passport and ticket inspections throughout the whole journey and the train arrived at 13:30, then from Thessaloniki 14:54 I finally arrived in Athens Larissa station at 19:50. Fantastic huh?
And this is the first time I didn't lost my way in finding the hostel in the dark.
The next morning, straightaway headed to the best known Acropolis after breakfast.
passed by the flea market
The Acropolis, with many archeological remains, is on a steep hill and can only be reached on foot.
Entrance fee: €20
By showing my International student ID, the staff said: 'Free for you!'
The under-construction-Parthenon
Panorama
the Erechtheum
Propylaea - the entrance gateway to Acropolis
can you see how crowded it was?
the Theatre of Dionysus
Cold mineral water on demand
the Acropolis Museum
Temple of Hephaestus
不是廬山真面目,只緣身在此山中. I guess not many people understand this theory. While everyone was so obsessed with the Acropolis, I decided to climb the opposite Philopappos hill. By opposite, I mean far far opposite.
where I can have spectacular view
and uninterrupted photo opportunities
while looking at the jam-packed Acropolis, I actually 'owned' the whole hill by myself. Seriously, no one was there.
the Philopappos Monument
it's so beautiful that I didn't want to leave even though I was so burnt under the hot sun
the Temple of Olympian Zeus
the Olympic Stadium
the Zappeion
the Greek Hellenic Parliament
the locals' favourite Nescafe frappe, which I finished within 2 mins.
Now you can see how tanned I am.
Instead of traveling to Sofia on the same day, I decided to stay for another night in Athens as there is nothing attractive to me in Sofia and it is not a safe city. That was the day I called back home while everyone was there.
Next stop: Patras
1 comment:
That staff soooo gud!! XD
Wah~ U dark liao so much...
Everytime see ur pic also feel vy envy leh~~ ^^
Post a Comment