So it was held by the University of Nottingham Malaysian Society on last Saturday.
The assembly time was 0415am. However, by the time I awoke and looked at my clock, it was already 0405am. Yes I was late. After cleaning up myself and grabbed everything into my bag, I ran all the way to meeting place and I managed to reach there by 0420! but luckily I wasn't the latest one. Many people were still 'on their way'. That's what we called Malaysian LOL
Our bus left at 0445am and after about 2 and 1/2 hours, we finally reached the University of Nottingham.
In the sport hall for opening ceremony.
Super crowded as there were many Malaysian students from different Uni around the UK.
Speech given by the Minister of Higher Education in Malaysia.
His 'Golden' words:
'I purposely set aside my busy and full scheduled work, came all the way from Malaysia, disregarding all those elections back in our country, just to be with you all in this Nottingham Malaysian Games.' (what a big sacrifice.. )
'You are not allowed to stay in the UK forever. One day you will have to come back to serve our country after you completed your education here.' (yeah one day one day)
After the opening ceremony, the games started. Basketball, badminton, volleyball, netball, football, table tennis, squash etc etc.
As we were not taking part in any sports event, we were free to go anywhere else. Some of my friends went to the city of Nottingham while I preferred to stay in the campus, being an audience.
I met many of my friends from Taylor's and HELP. It's nice that we are all now studying in different Uni in the UK but we managed to gather here. Knowing that everyone was there, our mobile phones started ringing and the first sentence were always 'Eh where are you?'. Having met each other, the first thing to do was to have a big warm hug, then we spent some time together chit chatting.
Another highlight of Nottingham Malaysian Games was the Malaysian Food Festival.
There were many stalls selling mouthwatering Malaysian food!
Nasi lemak, laksa, meehoon goreng, curry puff, different kinds of kuih muih, rendang, nasi pulut durian, dadih etc etc etc etc...
My nasi lemak! Guess how much? £4.50!
and I also tasted cendol, satay, herbal chicken soup and roti jala! Muahaha
After enjoying our hearty lunch, we decided to walk around the Uni.
Unlike my Uni, the University of Nottingham is a campus uni, which is what I yearned for.
and the photo session started LOL
Shuttle buses going around the uni
fallen leaves
'Masterpiece' by my friend LOL
We wanted to sleep on the lawn yet it was raining earlier and everywhere was wet
One regret is that I couldn't find the big 'nameplate' showing University of Nottingham. Thanks to the 'nice' weather and my friends who were so lazy to walk.
We then went back to the sport hall and watched the finals for basketball - Imperial College vs. Nottingham Uni. It was so exciting and everyone was shouting and and cheering for the team they supported. At last, Imperial College won. I heard that Imperial College is the basketball champion for many consecutive years. Well I have to say that their team was using dirty tricks and they were rude Boooooo!
It was 630pm when the game ended. As we had to gather at 645, I managed to take some photos with my friends before that. The bus left at 7 sharp and I reached home at 9.
Straightaway went to bed after taking shower.
Even though I didn't participate in any sports, I was totally exhausted.
In conclusion (LOL), it was fun.
and it's always nice to meet old friends again.
No comments:
Post a Comment